If you have received an unsatisfactory result at the the trial level, you should consider an appeal to a higher court. Appeals are time-sensitive (with deadlines running as soon as a trial court order is entered) and complex cases. Higher courts do not reweigh evidence, but they can correct a decision made on an incorrect legal standard.  Because of these consideration, we recommend that you contact an attorney as soon as possible if you believe the trial court made a significant error in your case. 

Hershberger Law Office has experience in both state and federal appeals. Contact us if you have questions about an appeal.